View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

A lot of people cannot tell the difference between honesty and rudeness in the typed word so I find that couching the wording in softer tones really helps the reader accept it in the spirit it was offered. If I just say what I mean to say in a few blunt words, a lot of it would probably come across in cold print as perhaps a little rude. And if an emotional reader, at wits end or scared about their little dog is on this site and reads anything too plainly or bluntly stated, their defenses often rush to the fore and they don't often even really consider the opinion or advice offered. You can tell that by reading good advice bluntly offered about what should be done or should have been done and then a reply from OP complaining of rudeness right after. Usually they don't even mention the good advice given, just address the advice- or opinion-giver for their rudeness. So, together with honesty, consider how it will sound to the reader.

That is not to say we should coddle an owner/guardian of a sick, injured, abused or neglected dog by cooing sweet nothings to them but considering whether or not one really wants to communicate with that person or "make a statement" that might make us feel good to say and hit submit reply is usually good to do before posting. If you really want a person to hear your words, being honest in a firm but kind way seems to work out better in the long run for the good of the animals we're all so concerned about as we have to go through their stewards in order to help them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!