View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
lilly_mommy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Need advice hair loss

I have had my Lilly every since she was born July 2011, I got her off of my father. But besides that I have noticed about maybe the age of 6 months her hair isn't growing if at all. Her head on her hair is probably no bigger than an inch and around her body it is probably around an inch give or take. She was on Eukanuba Small Breed Puppy Food and now she is on Eukanuba Yorkie Food. When I first got her I was in college and we would leave her with my boyfriends mom since she is stay at home so she wouldn't be alone all day. Now I am with her 24/7 every since Jan. 2012. This hair issue has been getting worse. She goes in her crate when we are going to be gone for a couple hours (she is crate trained). But I started noticing hair in her crate, I looked over it then. BUT. She was chewing the hair on her hind legs. I noticed it starting getting thinner and thinner and now it is currently maybe a centimeter long and has been for a long time now. This summer she has been to the vet because of fleas our frontline wasn't working anymore the vet put her on comfortis and i brought up the issue of the hairloss and she kind of overlooked it like no big deal but gave her a steroid shot and put her on antibiotics. After that appointment we had our final appointment the end of October. Her hair isn't growing back. Also I have noticed and brought up to the vet her body is warm, like if we go out in the sun and feel our hair hot that is the feeling exactly. She brought up that any allergy treatment would cost a couple thousand dollars and kind of discouraged it. But me I am like standing here trying to figure out what is wrong with her hair and getting nowhere. She did bring up to me she might be allergic to grass so Lilly is puppy-padded. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do? If you have been in this situation? Do you think it might be a food allergy? If so, what do you recommend? Thanks~
lilly_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!