View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
skye425
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Puppy eating dirt and throwing up

So my yorkie is 5 months old now. In the past couple weeks, he has started eating dirt/grass. It wasn't a big deal at first, he would just lick it here and there and I would get him to stop. Recently he has started really trying to eat it. I try to get him to stop, but he gets away with it sometimes because I think he is just sniffing getting ready to go and then all of a sudden he is eating the dirt. Also, in the past 3-5 days he has started throwing up. It is usually about 1 hour after he has his food and goes for a walk (and eats some dirt). It isn't after every meal, but usually once every couple of days. I am not sure if the dirt eating is connected to the vomiting, but it would make sense? I haven't changed anything about his diet, and I give him multivitamins. He is acting completely fine, and shows absolutely no signs of illness besides the throwing up. Is it time to go to the vet? Any suggestions? I just don't want to go to the vet and be told "well just get him to stop eating dirt".

He is also teething, not sure if it is relevant.
skye425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!