View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Confused Apparently Lily is my bodyguard

I knew when I first started fostering her that her original family said she favors one person. Well that person is now me. She's ok with Uni being in my lap, but the worst is when we are sleeping, she has to guard me from Uni, won't let Uni near me. Good thing Uni is so easy going, she just goes over to her daddy and lays down. But if there's any mommy/daddy time, she goes nuts and keeps shoving her little nose inbetween us. We put her on the floor and she kept jumping up and down on the side of the bed barking.

Other times, if bf pats my arms or shoulders or something Lily starts barking. It's not that she doesn't like him, in fact he's one of the few people she's not scared of. She gives him kisses in the morning too. She just wants to "protect" me. What should I do to try to train her out of this behavior? I admit I did baby her so far (she's been with us a little over a week now), trying to gain her trust. She's getting better but still doesn't come when you call her. Only if you have food.

Also she barks at everything! And if not barking then growling. And it's so hard to get her to stop. With Uni it was so easy to get her to stop barking. But not with Lily. She barks more at the house. Doesn't help that there's major construction going on behind us. But at work, we have lots of loud noises too. Trains going by, our air compressor, wrenches dropping, etc but she doesn't bark as much at work. I don't understand.

She's the most difficult foster I've had so far as far as training. Any suggestions?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!