View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
cheryl000
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyFidgette
We just got Angel on Saturday, and I had to give her back today. I took her to the vet b/c she sounded like she had a hacking cough. Not only did the vet say that she had a slight upper respiratory infection, she also has heart arythmia (heart skips a beat). I was so upset b/c I can not afford (financially and emotionally) to take care of a sick dog for the rest of her life. Even though people "feel" for me and tell me I did the right thing for "me" I still feel like I abandoned her. If anyone feels like I did the wrong thing, please, I'm begging you, I don't want to hear about it...I'm upset enough. I'm not writing this to get responses, just want to let you all know how upset I am, how my day went today, and explain why I took Angel off my avatar since some of you would probably notice. Thanks for understanding.
I think that you did the right thing, and I respect you for it. It takes a strong person to say what you have. You didn't abandon her, you gave her a chance at life. Some people would have put her down. Not everyone is rich and can afford the care that she will need. I am glad that you caught this early. It will be hard and lonely for a while for you. I am glad that you are so smart when it comes to yorkies to realize that the number one thing to look for in a puppy is HEALTH, not size or price. I hope that you find the healthy puppy you're looking for. And kudos to the vet for catching her heart problem. I hope you get to feeling better about it.
cheryl000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!