View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
bendog2000
Yorkie Talker

Default Yorkies in the Park

My Yorkie Puppy has shown himself to be attractive to larger dogs that like to tread on him and bite him. Despite this he's still quite friendly to other dogs. I have him under control so that he won't run off to other dogs and will wait for me to introduce him but he's still very excitable so I am not sure I could hold him all the time (without a leash), if I start refusing all his play then he'd probably forget this behaviour.

I'm not sure what to do and it's keeping me awake at night. When we go to the park I can leash him but that doesn't really stop the other dogs from running up to him and when he is on lead he has even less ability to get away under his own steam.

I don't really want him to have a life of always being on leash or never meeting other dogs. but where else can he run and explore other than the park? Even when introduced to "Friendly" dogs the play can degenerate - staffies are popular here and whilst they are nice enough dogs ordinarily they do seem to think my little yorkie is more prey than playmate.

Any advice?
bendog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!