View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
gati1263
Yorkie Yakker

Default My new Hanukkah baby Rubi

I am new to Yorkies, I just got her yesterday. She is 10 weeks old. I didn't think that was too young until I read this forum. I promise to give her the best of care.
She is asleep next to me now. I keep a close eye on her when she is out of her room...my master bath.
She has a good size crate in there. She has had about 3 mishaps on the carpet, but has also successfully gone on the puppy pad/tray 4 times. I give a treat every time she does well.
I find if I keep her close by with her leash she does not have mishaps and just plays and sleeps. If I give her too much space she will quickly and without warning find a place to go on the carpet.
I left the door open to the crate last night and the whimpering was minimal if at all. I tried crating her w/the door closed today just to practice holding it, but she cried for 45 min so I took her out. I couldn't stand it.
I don't want her to think the crate/den is a bad place. I have her bed, some toys, food and water dish in there.
I have ordered an exercise pen on Amazon so she will have a second spot in the living area to hang out when I am cooking or generally need two hands.
I take her to the bathroom every hour or so. She will go to the vet this week.
I hope I am doing the right things. The breeder wasn't too informative and I don't think she had attempted any training.
The picture was from the breeders. We haven't gotten to photo sessions yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puppy-yorkshire-terrier-for-sale-img0174.jpg (3.6 KB, 60 views)
gati1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!