View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieandrea View Post
I'm not trying to judge people but I often wonder why people say in their ads that they are getting rid of the dog because they are moving somewhere that doesn't allow pets like an apartment complex. Why wouldn't they just pick a spot that allowed pets? It may cost more or be less convenient but you should really factor that in before you get a dog. I'm sure there are some circumstances where the dog really could not be kept but sometimes it seems like little effort is made to keep them. Oh well I guess this stuff happens all the time.. I certainly see it every day on online ads!
Years ago when I was a fairly young divorced mom, just graduating form college, I let my kids talk me into buying them a dog. (guilt is a good tool to use on a divorced mom and it worked) Anyway, we ended up having to live in less than desirable places for several years until we were able to get our own place. Most places in my area do not allow pets so we had to make due with what we found. No convenient to say the least but I had that little dog well after the kids were out of school. He was a great little guy and well worth the trouble. I guess I can understand why people would like to live in a better home but they should have considered that BEFORE getting the pet.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!