View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
carmen in nj
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Default What I am getting myself into now...LOL

I just got home from meeting with a local lady that I had met sometime ago, we reconected in a fundraiser that my town had for the families that lost their homes due to storm Sandy, as many of you know our town was devastated by the storm, she was a BYB that I had met and I tried to teach her at least the right way of doing and not selling her puppies at 8 weeks but 12 and so on.. we lost touched when she moved to the othe side of town and I got busy with life, well her house was devastated by the storm, and her dogs had gone to our local shelter, she knew I love the only pair of yorkies she had, and I asked for them, she told me that her sister had them because she suspected her female was pregnant, but if I want them I could have them, she said she knew that they would be fine and well taken care of with ME... I had helped her pay for some test that my son did on the pair to make sure they were healthy and so on. Well last night I asked hubby if he minded that i got them, and he said whatever makes me happy, and since I paid for that so called Kennel permit, I am able to keep up to 12 adult dogs in my home, so this morning I ran to her sister's home two towns away and picked up the yorkies, they are adorable, exactly as I remember them, small but healthy both 7 pounds and cute.. i am not sure what I am doing with them right now, I know that she might be pregnant but not sure, my pack is ok with them so far, first thing i did was give them a bath to make them smell like the pack and introduced them, I know that this was probably a hard decision for Rosa and Jose to make but I really apreciate that they thought about giving them to me, because sooner or later this two would wound up at the shelter. I am not sure if I am going to rename them or keep their current names, right now I am just happy they are safe and warm, the sister had them in a basement room, because she said that the male was marking her house. and she did not want ther house to smell, she has 4 other dogs in there, Rosa said that she is trying to keep at least her s**tzu pair and he maltese pair, today they were going to a renting agency to try to rent in the area unti their home is ready for them to move back in.. I made sure I got their registry papers signed to me just in case... I am NOT giving them back.. I am selfish that way.. now that they are here they are MINE, MINE, MINE... I will keep you guys up to date on my saga.. and by the way Merry Christmas to ME... and in closing this is why I could never be a foster mommy because I would want to keep them all...LOL
hugs,
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!