View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

I would worry about to low of a price as well as to high of a price. It cost at lot of money to breed and do it right. The things you want to look for are a breeder who does health and genetic testing, doesn't let the pup go home until 12 weeks (they grow slower then big dogs and are still learning from mom up until then), make sure you can see where the pups and parents are living, you will want to see both parents, AKC is the only American registry that is worth having, if the breeder uses words like mini and teacup they are only trying to make money because there is no such thing, you want to make sure the moms they are breeding are not under 5 pounds, that the dogs are not staying in out buildings or outside all the time, you want to make sure the breeder is not breeding a lot of dogs at once and not breeding mixes. I am sure I have left out something but you should check out The Yorkshire Terrier Club of America they know what is best for yorkies and set there rules to make sure the breed is being bettered not just breeders selling for money. I hope you find a great healthy pup.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!