View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
MY OSCAR
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
We have an 11-week old Morkie boy named Gus, who we are indoor-training. We have had him for about 3 weeks.

He sleeps in his crate beside our bed (already sleeping all night, no messes in his crate!). During the day (we both work 9-5 with no chance of getting home), he is gated into the downstairs bathroom with his food/water, 2nd bed, toys, and pee pads. Generally, he does very good with going on his pads, although we are running into problems with him tearing them up, or pulling them all over the bathroom, then going where they were supposed to be. We are thinking of switching to astroturf instead of pads to remedy that.

The problem we are having is when we get home and let him out of his room to play etc (always under direct supervision). He bolts away to explore and chase our cat, and usually ends up under the dining room table, where he pees and poops on the carpet, often within a couple minutes of being let out.

I know its too soon to expect him to know what's what, but for the sake of my sanity, when can we expect him to know to go back into his room to pee when he's out in the house? He has never made the slightest attempt to get to his pads when he's out.

yeah, he is still young so it could be months before he can be trusted to go back to his potty area unsupervised.. instead of giving him whole run of the house when you are home try gating him in the living room with his toys and potty pads....
MY OSCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!