View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
joey301
Yorkie Yakker

Default Congestive Heart Failure

I have not been on this site in awhile, just so busy all the time. I posted here when I first got Ruggles and he is almost 9 now.

He has had a rough year. He was diagnosed with congestive heart failure about a year ago. Then 6 weeks ago, I got up to discover that he could not stand. He could not eat, and he could not stand to take himself to the bathroom.

Took him to the Vet thinking it was his legs. They treated his legs, but took an xray and said his heart was enlarged and it was choking his airway. Started him on Vetmeddin and lasix.

After a long 6 weeks, he is remarkably recovered. He is walking and playing again and he can breath well enough to take .25 mile walks.

I know he could go at any time now. I am like the rest of you here. I am so attached to him that I got ill not long after he did from a stress related illness.

Needless to say, it has also been, and continues to be, expensive. There were a couple of visits to the Vet when I knew were going to put him to sleep, but the Vet kept saying that he could recover.
joey301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!