View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
Yorkiemomaws
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unlove In Memory of Mattie Belle

We suddenly lost our sweet 14.5 year old girl, Mattie, on 11-15-2012. She had a brain tumor that suddenly became symptomatic after a bad fall off the 3rd step of our back porch. She fell on Monday, 11-12, after the vet's offices were closed & my husband was gone deer hunting. I am permanently on crutches, so I couldn't run to try & catch her.
I knew immediately she was injured in some way. We took her to the vet the next day but couldn't get in with our vet unless we agreed to just drop her off & leave her. I knew that we were facing the end but my husband refused to believe it.
The vet we used is wonderful & was very compassionate. When we told him everything, he said probable brain tumor. He gave her a shot of solu-delta which is a fast-acting, short-lived cortisone. He said number one, she is at least extremely sore from the fall. But number two, it will tell us if she had a small brain bleed because she'll be her old self afterwards.
The meds worked very well & she had a wonderful day on Wednesday, 11-14. Promptly at midnight, it wore off & she immediately went into seizures. By 1:30 PM on 11-15 the seizures were coming in a space of less than an hour. She was showing signs of pain & extreme fear. After her last large seizure, she was no longer our Mattie.
She died at 4:45 PM that evening after having been sedated heavily & falling asleep in mommy's arms. She gave me kisses & loves before she died.
It was very, very difficult but I promised her I would not mourn her anymore even though I'd miss her. I told her that I knew she was in a beautiful place & she was herself as a youngster again. I am comforted knowing she will never hurt, fear or miss me again.
Run & play with joy, my angel. Mommy loves you forever.
Yorkiemomaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!