View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnessStout View Post
Hmm you have me wondering because mine his started digging at his ears but vet found nothing and he licks nonstop.
Yeast can be a vicious circle...you take antibiotics or steroids for something and it breaks down your immune system which allows the yeast to grow. Most dr.s and vets will treat that issue with another antifungal or antibiotic that will kill the yeast which also kills the good bacteria in your system...the circle has begun. If you don't replace the bad bacteria with good bacteria the circle will never be broken.

I was just put on an antibiotic routine (I never take pills) but when one didn't work they gave me another, then another and then a round of prednisone and then one more antibiotic. However, the pharmacist told me to eat yogurt daily while on the antibiotics and it would help...buuuut...guess who forgot to do that yep, that would be me so my system went into overdrive from that little pharmacutical invasion!

By taking a probiotic and using the Apple Cider Vinegar as a mouth rinse and also a daily drink (distilled water, honey and ACV) it is back under control and I feel normal again.

Personal lesson learned: always replenish the good bacteria while on meds

So, I do know how important it is to keep the bacteria in balance...and if it's important for me then it only makes sense that it is for my pets too.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!