View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
Love my nicky
Yorkie Yakker

Default Update

Hi Guys. Thanks for all your help and advice! Nicky and I appreciate it. We've had a rough week trying to figure this all out. Several visits and stays at the vets have yielded some information finally. He had X-rays, contrast X-rays, full bloodwork, fecal work, and urinalysis. He does not have pancreatitis but he does have ulcerative colitis. His urine is more alkaline than acidic and this morning he had blood in his urine for the first time ever. I thought it was from the catheter testing but vet says its because the ph balance is off. He has slightly elevated fats and cholesterol in his blood but all other organs are fine (except the colon). The vet prescribed prednisone, metrodinazole, and a couple others I will check the names of when I pick them up- one for the ulcers and another for blood in his urine. Also, he must be on hills ID wet and dry mix for at least 6 months. He is still refusing to eat. He's eaten once since he fell ill last friday- only a bit of the ID. It's starting to worry me that he's not eating at all. He has been drinking and has had IV though. Any thoughts, suggestions, anything at all would be appreciated. It's been a rough, heartbreaking week for us all. I really hope my baby gets better with all this. Sorry for the long post. Thanks guys!
Love my nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!