Thread: Beggin Strips
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Beggin Strips and 99% of the treats you find in department stores and pet stores are terrible. They are a combination of items that are mixed together and made to resemble a food product. There is nothing "natural" about these treats. They are junk food for dogs only about 100x's as bad. Dogs do not have the ability to deal with the artificial ingredients plus things like sugar, sodium, artificial colors and preservatives. No, it probably won't kill your dog right away but over time our pets are developing the same diseases that humans are suffering from....diabetes, obesity, cancer, heart disease, teeth that are rotten at a very young age to name only a few.

As Americans we are accustomed to buying foods in boxes and bags but we hardly ever take time to consider how a food product can sit on a shelf for months at a time and still be consumable. Real food is perishable unless it is dehydrated or canned. Check out the ingredient lists and see how many items are there that you cannot identify or that you can identify and realize that it is not really food!

In the Healthy and Diet area here on YT there is a "sticky" that contains recipes to make home made treats and meals. Personally, I feed grain free but most home made treats are much better than what you find in the store. I dehydrate meats and sweet potatoes for Gracie and I also by some dehydrated meat treats for her.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!