View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
addevo
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Lump on foster dog's belly

I am fostering a 13 year old yorkie that was adopted from a local animal shelter, and then returned about 2 months later when the adopters' child was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I just got her last Thursday. She has alot of black wax in her ears, and scratches at them constantly. (ear mites?) Also, she was scooting on her bottom outside, so when I took a closer look at her bottom, found that she has some significant swelling. There is no bleeding or other discharge, tissue is soft. She isn't licking at it, just occasionally scooting on it in the grass.

She was initially checked by the shelter's vet, and I have a copy of their report. It does not mention either of these conditions, so I don't know if they are something new, or just missed in the initial exam. She was in pretty rough shape when she arrived, so they had plenty of other things to treat.

She has an appointment with the vet tomorrow, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone here would have an idea what is going on with her bottom? Photos attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7396 (800x533).jpg (98.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg P1010798.jpg (112.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg P1010800.jpg (133.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg P1010802.jpg (110.9 KB, 29 views)
addevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!