View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I usually do one year on puppy food, then change over to adult. Uni didn't really "fill out" until she was about 2. It was a really big challenge finding a food she liked too. And changing up her food all the time made for an even pickier eater. =/ Thank goodness she's not like that anymore.

When you do change to adult formula, I personally would switch from RC. It's very expensive for what it is (still has corn in it I believe). There's a lot of good foods out there and for cheaper too. I used to feed RC yorkie formula.

As for her scratching, it could be dry skin bc of central heating, food allergies, environmental allergies (usually more the case in summer) but my Uni itches all the time too, and we haven't been able to pinpoint what it is. She is on grain free food, has rx shampoo, conditioners, etc. We did a few rounds of steroids. She's better but still not 100%. It's really hard to figure out what it is that triggers the itch.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!