View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
" The ratings given and comments made about the foods assessed on this site and ingredients listed are the opinion of the Editors, who are a small team of volunteers each with a long standing interest in dog nutrition."

So, the foods are assessed by volunteers with an interest in nutrition? Sorry, but personally, I'd rather base by decisions on the advice of educated medical professionals, and how my dog actually does on the food. Many people have "opinions" on the web...their opinion on a website doesn't make it fact.
The sad truth is that the "educated medical professionals" were educated by the commercial pet food companies and they are still paid commission for products sold by them. This makes their opinion much more biased than a group of volunteers who have a long standing interest in dog nutrition. Vets get one short course on nutrition and that's it. Do you really think they are more objective than unpaid volunteers? I beg to differ.

I've read many studies on dog food and sadly, the studies always support the product of the company who paid for the research. And unfortunately, no one is going to pay for research into raw dog food or other food that aren't profitable. I tend to trust the source who has the best argument and the least to gain, and this website fulfilled that criteria.

If you read the actual reviews, you'll see that they are based on common sense and common knowledge, not the fancy shmancy mumbo jumbo that commercial dog food companies spew forth. It's hard to argue with the reviewers' logic.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!