View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
Harrysmum
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey bohan View Post
Hello everyone!!!

Very new to all this - had a dog years ago as a kid but now I'm semi retired trying again and would like to pick some brains. Also still trying to suss out this forum so excuse any mistakes!!! About to get a 6 month old female golden yorkie (Honey) from the local Destitute animal shelter here in Bolton UK. She is tiny and was found wandering the streets, coat matted and hungry. Coat now sorted by the shelter. She has been there for about 3 weeks, before that is a mystery and when I go is very friendly. She is being paper trained in the shelter and will be spayed, micro chipped and first lot of injections when I get her. I have been doing all the reading I can on Yorkies (some of it very contradictory) but can anyone tell me the problems I might have, what to do about them, best to crate train or pen etc? Please treat me as a complete novice - I so want this to work! Many thanks
Hello and welcome to you and Honey from a fellow UK-er!

Poor little girl - but God bless you for taking her into your home - she'll be deep in your heart very soon...!!!

I personally think it's brilliant that you're semi-retired - vigilance and patience are key with these Littlies! Please feel free to ask any questions you may have - they're a wonderful, helpful bunch of people on YT!!!

Look forward to getting to know you both. Sally + Harry x
Harrysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!