View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
FidoTheYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Default Feeding a yorkie

Does anyone here feed their dog many kinds of dog food ?
Then for example, raw, wet, and dry .

I think it's better for the dog, since there isn't much about good kibbles here in Iceland (only Orijen but I can't afford it and I don't like feeding only dry, I think it is bad for them nutrition-wise).

I feed ready frozen raw dog food called Hundahreysti (Icelandic), sometimes beef and lamb from our left overs (most often raw), sometimes Natures Menu wet food, and Regal dry food.

For example this is a normal week for the dogs feeding times:

Monday: Dry food
Tuesday: Dry food/Wet food with fla
Wednesday: Dry food
Thursday: Raw food
Friday: Dry food/raw food
Saturday: Dry food/Leftover meat and veggies
Sunday: Wet food

Etc.. This is just an example Sometimes they only eat dry for 2 weeks then raw for 1 week etc., just what I feel like giving them, they love much variety of food and crave their food more (now they always finish their bowl! Before they didn't like the dry food only), and they look healthier, never get an upset stumach, hardly ever fart anymore :P..

Is there any downside to this?
Also, I often try different kibble labels, sometimes I feed Regal, sometimes Acana (well I'm gonna try it for the first time now), sometimes Bosch etc.

They used to get an upset stumach, but as I began having them on more variety it stopped.
I did it in small steps with my older dog but not with the younger, and they both have never got an upset stumach, the younger got it for like one time but then never again
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!