View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
newton
Yorkie Talker

Thank you all so much for the outpouring support and love. I've never felt this way over the loss of a pet. Although I've only ever lost one other, a kitty. He was 17 and I was sad but it's not the same. My little Newt had such personality. I used to call him my pompous Englishman! Lol! He thought he was human. He used to run to the tv every night when the jepardy theme song came on and he'd howl like crazy. He also loved the Christmas Hershey kiss comercial with the bells ringing. I miss him so, so much. His bed is still at the bottom of my bed and his food dish still on the floor. I don't have the heart to move them.
As for the dog who attacked him, he has been euthanized. The warden in our town said the dog was aggressive toward humans as well as other animals. I am sad about that too bc now two dogs are dead and I know it's not that dogs fault. The fault falls on the owners of the dog. I'm not sure that they actually had their dog for the same purpose that we had Newt, for love. The people have not been held responsible for our vet bills either. The only one who paid in this situation was their poor dog. It's sad. He paid the ultimate price for their neglect, irresponsibility and negligence. Then when I was taking my other dog, Nelly, out the people were walking up the street and I could hear one of them say, is that the survivor of the other one? I yelled at them. Its just a horrible situation. I don't even want to see them. They knew their dog was dangerous.
We have gotten a new pup too. His name is Raleigh. He is 9 wks old and such a joy. I've had him a week and he is already in my pocket. He's the sweetest thing. I love him. He is not a replacement for Newton but, a new addition and I am so happy to have him.
I will never forget my Newt. He is always in my heart and always in my mind. So many happy times we had together!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!