View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
newton
Yorkie Talker

Unlove Newton, my baby, you will forever be missed

For my first post, I thought I'd share my Newton. He would have been 8yrs old in January but, he was ripped from our lives and my heart aches for his passing. I had gone out to the grocery store, just like every other Saturday. Several hours into the trip, I get a call from my father, he is frantic and tells me to call back right away. Newton had been attacked by our next door neighbors Neopolitain Mastif. I return home to my baby laying under a blanket on my front lawn. He's still alive. We find him a vet, not our own but the only one we can get a hold of. After waiting an hour for him to become available we get Newt there. Through X-rays and all, the vet says he is save able! I'm so excited! It wasn't meant to be. Newton died early the next morning. The vet thinks the trauma was just too much. All I can see is his little eyes looking at me. All I could do was kiss him, tell him I love him and tell him the vet was going to fix him. I feel so guilty for leaving him there, alone, all night, his last night on earth, afraid. I feel like I failed him. My husband and BIL were both with him in the yard, trying the hardest they could to get that monster to drop him. They could not. I can picture it, the horror. It's been a month and I miss him everyday. I think of him everyday. He was my baby. I had him since he was 5wks old. I fed him with a bottle. He was such a good boy. He didn't deserve to die this way. I wish he didn't have to die. I had is body cremated. It is not back yet. I got a beautiful rotating urn that has spots for pictures. It also has a lovely plaque for his name and a little saying. I clipped a piece of his hair and got a print of his paw. <3
Yesterday, hubs and I went and decorated a tree in his memory. We plastered it with so many pics of him, everyone different, doggy bones and toys. I love him so much. It was my Christmas gift to him.
Life continues on...someday we will meet again at rainbow bridge. Until then little dog!
newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!