View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Teegy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouversMom View Post
Honestly, I would get him off the Kibbles and Bits and stop feeding him people food. K&B is pretty horrible... I would get him on a grain free diet or home cook for him using an established diet with a nutritionist. Good luck. I hope your vet can help you out!

Totally agree with you.
I will suggest you get him on a raw diet if you can premixed with all the correct nutritional qualities, but to start feed him some boiled chicken for a couple of weeks.
also get him a probiotic to help create a healthy intestinal tract and a digestive enzyme to help his body break down the foods.
I use a brand called AOR don't know if that is available in your area they have probiotic 3 and DPP zyme.
you can give him a bit of pumpkin to help with the runs.

Unfortunately steroids shut down a dogs immune system and the best thing to do is get his body to repair itself. Kibble is much harder for a dogs system to digest as it human food (slapping you on the hand for that one). Don't give him rice it's a grain and again hard on the system.

Poor muffin, you can PM me if anything I have suggested is useful to you and you'd like more info. It's all about getting the wee muffin back to healthy and happy.
Horrible fleas, hate them
Teegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!