View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florabug View Post
Hi,
I posted in the Sick and injured section a few weeks ago about my Hugo who had CHF...well...he died yesterday morning right before we got up. He was laying his bed with my other 2 yorkies. I heard the youngest Harley yelp really loud so I go up and found him dead in his bed. I am so upset with myself, because if I had gotten up only 30 minutes earlier I could have been there with him while he passed. He was still soo warm, so i know that we had just missed his passing. How do you get over this?? I am filled with so much sadness. Hugo was the light of my life and he was the sweetest boy ever. My husband and I have no children and I have not lost anyone close to me yet that would bring this much sadness. I thought I would feel a little better today, but I dont...I feel worse. Yes, I love my other 2 dearly and I am glad to have them here with me, but this sadness is overwhelming. I knew he could not live forever and i knew he could die at anyday and he lived the best life he could have lived. I just miss him dearly When will this feeling ever pass??

Sorry to ramble on...but if there is anyone who would understand how I feel, it would be everyone here.

Thanks for listening!
I'm so sorry you lost Hugo. He was loved and cared for and likely it happened very fast. He's in a far better place. If you have lost a dearly loved companion before, you know you never get over it, you just learn to accept and live with the fact of it after the shock wears off, and time blunts the hard pain. Eventually, given the passing of enough time, you tend to remember only the good, the sweet and the happy times with them as the mind and body work to set us back on course and help us successfully go on. And Hugo wouldn't want it any other way. He'd want you to go on and make other dogs' lives as blessed as his and be happy yourself. R.I.P., Hugo.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!