View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
veggienut
YT 500 Club Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessizzy View Post
I think that would have too much salt...

Thanks, I found that out today talking with someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
Since many dog foods are full of unhealthy ingredients some people just put together recipes with more unhealthy ingredients. When I make Gracie's food I use various types of meat (I switch them around from week to week) sweet potatoes and some carrots and various green veggies. I always put the veggies in the food processor since dogs do sometimes have a problem digesting the vitamins and minerals in them.

The very first "sticky" in this health and diet section has a lot of food and treat recipes. Some use a lot of grains. I avoid them but I guess some people have no problem with them. There were several pages of recipes the last time I looked.

I would stay away from anything that has salt or onions.
Thanks for your info. I knew about the onions. I just planned on putting a veggie mix of something (haven't made anything yet) on top of his dry kibbles. I was thinking of using rice, celery and whatever veggies I have that are in the fridge and cooking them with garlic and maybe a low-sodium dice tomatoes that are 15mg of sodium. How's that sound~? I may use the juice or my food processor to cut the tomatoes up better.
veggienut is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!