View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #22
JustLookin
Yorkie Talker

Default Dominica,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominica888 View Post
here is my 4 months old yorkie she is same as yours will the leg hair get longer
I don't see a photo of your pup, but as the poster below your question pointed out, puppies have a coat that is much different than full grown dogs. One thing that I noticed in the other posters puppy picture was that her dog had some longer hair on its ears. My girls ear hair NEVER grows, and has never needed to be cut or shaved. People always assume she had been groomed, when she has not.

My girl is several years old now, and her hair never grows long. Her leg hair is short, too. I think she actually has less hair than she did as a pup. I'll try to post a recent picture of her later today if I can get a good picture.

I want to tell you that I was a little disappointed to discover that she would never have a long, traditional coat. However, she is now my favorite dog. I also have three Giant Schnauzers and a tiny little 2.8 pound adult Yorkie with a perfect floor length coat. All four dogs take SO much time to groom. My girl, Izzy, looks great all the time with no grooming.

I sometimes shave her body hair into a very short Schnauzer cut, and that makes her look like she has some leg hair and a long beard and eyebrows. She loves looking like the big Schnauzers, too.

She's my favorite in personality, too. SUPER SMART, and very healthy. No reverse sneezing or tooth problems or other things you often see in Yorkies that have been bred down for looks(if that makes sense).

When I told my husband why I was typing on my iPad just now to someone who has a dog like Izzy, he said "tell her we'll trade her for Oscar(my perfect guy with a champion pedigree), lol. He was just kidding, of course, because he loves Oscar too. However, he's always saying all the dogs were as smart and easy to care for as Izzy is. Hope this helps some. Your dog will be you best friend one day like my Izzy is to me!
JustLookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!