View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navillusc View Post
You didn't say how old your Yorkie is, or anything about his physical condition. I would expect a Yorkie 'could' have a heart attack, but I must admit to curiosity why you would scold a Yorkie to the point of making him so fearful he would tremble? Yorkies are very sensitive...child-like...and want to please you. They thrive on your love and praise. Have you tried positive reinforcement training rather than negative...scolding...your Yorkie? If not, I encourage you to give it a try. You can ignore the bad, and super praise the good things your Yorkie does...give him lots of love...treat him like a little human child, and see if the trembling and fearfulness of you stops. I am sure you will receive lots of other good advice here. I hope to hear an update that you and your Yorkie no longer have fear/trembling issues. Good luck.

I used to work with a lady that would "scold" her Yorkie to the point of her trembling in fear....usually over housebreaking issues.....she did scare her so badly she had a seizure....she was actually bragging about that. I clearly think you can terrorize one of these babies into many different traumatic, emotional responses, so I would not put a heart attack out of the realm of possibility. This breaks my heart....please dont scold your baby.....try positive correction methods.....focus on the good and redirect/ignore the mistakes... These babies are very sensitive and scolding one to the point of trembling in fear, is probably causing emotional trauma you are going to have issues with also. Maybe a breed that requires a more aggressive Alpha owner would be a better match for you, and both you and your pet would be happier with each other? There are breeds that will not tremble in fear with "scolding".
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!