View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
"..........He's so happy after eating those meals I've often wondered what in the heck is in those kibble pieces and cans of food. (He's still on his Science Diet I/D Gastrointestinal as I'm too chicken still to do the changeover that I know I must do. I know he can't live on prescription food for long and am close to changing him as soon as I work up the courage. I wanted to wait until after the holidays but maybe won't if I can work up the courage.)

I dont know if this is correct?????? Why cant he stay on Rx food....if that is what he needs for an ongoing issue, he would have to stay on it. If he is enjoying his food, including his Rx food, I dont know why he couldnt stay on it.....? Ask the vet and let me know, because I dont see that as a problem!
I will ask her at his next visit when he goes in for his dental. I think he's probably well over his big bout of tummy troubles back in June but later last summer he had another day or two of gas, rumbling tummy, lying around and not eating so it scared me all over again of trying to change him over. I figured if it were prescription food it is richer or leaner or something in some things for the particular condition - in this case, I guess it is lacking in the things that would normally upset or irritate the stomach/GI tract and then maybe lacking in something he really needs long term for his best health. It's just my guessing though. Surely if it were full, all around nutrition, it wouldn't be prescription and any adult dog could eat it, no prescription needed. And I think I/D GI says its main ingredients is by-products(I could be wrong - it's been a while since I read the ingredients label) and I wish it were chicken or other poultry. But I am going to ask if he has problems with the changeover, can we just go back to the I/D GI for good, if need be. He loves the stuff and it is very good to his tummy troubles!!! He has no trouble on it - just trouble if he gets something he shouldn't in the back yard brought there by other critters or tossed in by a child passing down the alley. I saw one child toss him a half a cookie!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!