View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Gosh, I guess my window cut off the bottom of your post or I just got distracted B4 I saw it all. NO, you are NOT being paranoid to not want small children playing with your tiny, young pup when you are not around!!! Please protect your little one against the young one! Kids, even properly supervised, can accidentally drop a little dog on its head(happened to my sister's new Yorkie pup, Magnum, when my brother was showing his daughter how to carefully hold a puppy!) and the little guy had seizures, days of IH care, tests, medication and he was a mean dog later, when he was grown. I would be awfully careful with children around any dog but a little puppy is really asking a lot of a child who acts spontaneously or without the best judgment even in the best of circumstances. They are kids so don't expect them to be overly careful with a living animal. Your dog could become stressed by all this and have behavior problems if the little kids are pretty loud, jumping around a lot, if he's very young and if he feels trapped and can't get away from them. I'd have a long talk about needing to properly protect this little baby Yorkie from possible harm with your MIL. The kids can still enjoy themselves doing many other fun things when visiting.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!