View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
I wish Gracie was even half that happy after eating! She has never been very food motivated and I have to be careful to vary her meals in terms of meats in order to keep her interested in eating.

Didn't you get Tribbe when he was a little older? Maybe he didn't eat so well in his past life and remembers to be very appreciative of what you do for him.
Yes, Tibbe was 9 mos. old and the breeder I got him from who was rehoming him for another breeder told me she was so disappointed that she had sold 2 dogs to that other breeder after what she had found out. She told me she had found out from someone who had been there that that lady kept her breeding dogs outside in cages in an open shed 24/7/365!!! (Surely she brought them into the garage on freezing nights, etc.) And his teeth at only 9 mos. were partially coated with brown - never brushed at all. The vet said it was from "bad food" that his teeth looked like that and did a full cleaning, pulled 4.

He was thin compared to now and he seemed to have little muscle development. He couldn't even jump off the back porch step at first without falling when he landed. He acted brain damaged, as he would stand and look up for prolonged periods, stand in his water bowl, put one paw on something and look at it for a long, long time, kind of frozen there. He acted weird. And he was scared to death of everything in the house - TV, fridge, bathroom, magazines, you name it. I actually called trainers about making an appointment to have his learning abilities examined!

I don't know if once he got decent, warm food it registered big with him and he has just stuck with the habit of joy or what but boy, he's 5 now and still having a great old time after his breakfast and dinner!!! He's just so cute in all his joy of food! (Like me with a good, gooey dessert! )
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!