View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Tibbe has never been around children on a routine basis so if they ask, I tell them he bites. I would hate for a little child to get hurt and am not 100% positive how he might react 100% of the time. If I tell them it is okay, and they pet, the child hurts or scares them & he bites reflexively, I would feel awful. He's a little nervous around them and I do my very best to take him up into my arms when they are approaching, etc., if I hear of see them in time. I'm just not that sure of how he might be if one suddenly grabbed him instead of petting - he might snap and hurt one. He's super friendly with all people and all dogs - but he's a little wide-eyed and cautious around children and I'm not that comfortable with his body language as his tail is down or half-cocked, he crouches a bit. So, not knowing for sure, I warn the little ones off just to keep everybody safe.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!