View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome. It sounds like you are going to be a big help to this little guy. How old is he? Terriers are a bit different. As you probably know they were originally bred to kill rodents and many of them have retained that inbred tenacious attitude. Right now I have one yapping at me because I took a break from our game of fetch. Terriers just have that added bit of attitude and usually have a desire to be very active.

I have heard that many of the bad breedings that have taken place due to the Yorkie's extreme popularity have resulted in genetic problems like bad knees (LP) and Liver Shunt to name only two. Without a extensive medical check up I would not get into any extra exuberant training but running and playing fetch are certainly desirable exercise. Walks everyday are needed as well. He may be small but I'm sure he will need a certain amount of exercise to wear off the energy and give your older dog a break.

I hope he has a wonderful new experience with you and gets to enjoy his little terrier life.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!