View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

Your dog sounds like a sweetheart but just like with people there are a variety of dog personalities. Many people do not have the slightest idea of how to train a dog properly. Even people who take their dogs to puppy classes miss the basic objective of dog training.

Gracie is not allowed to play with larger dogs. Actually if we are out walking I pick her up as soon as I see another dog and usually don't let her down until they are gone. If it is someone I know that has a well trained stable dog then they are allowed to be together under supervision. However, you just cannot predict how some dogs are going to react and usually by the time you sense something is wrong it is too late. They can appear to just be playing at one moment and then snap! There is a bite! I don't take chances just to make another pet owner feel good.

I really feel that the owner of a small dog has a responsibility to protect these little furry creatures. Some larger dogs think that these little dogs are something to play with and they can get very violent with them. Even smaller dogs with an "attitude" can be a threat. I really don't think you can be too careful.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!