View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I think it's best to go with your gut. Jackson is a bigger boy at 16lbs, but certain dogs will make me uncomfortable, so we'll just leave (at the dog park for example). I've been taking him less and less actually. I only go now when we have friends dogs that we're meeting up there. I try to make play dates with dogs we know, and dogs I know he really gets along with. I really don't have an issue with bigger dogs, I let him play with bigger dogs if he seems comfortable and wants to. But the moment he shows uncertainty or I see it, I take him out of the situation. I think it's about knowing your own dogs play style too. I can very easily tell when Jackson is actually playing/enjoying himself or getting irritated or mad. There is also certain breeds that he tends to NOT like... the play style of bully breeds and Boxers for example, so we just don't risk it. Herding breeds (like Aussies and Border Collies) he gets along well with because they tend to like chasing games and so does Jackson. So I've learned his play style and what he does and doesn't like. I've also learned my level of comfort etc.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!