View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Teresa Ford
Therapy Yorkies Work
Donating Member

Thank you for opening your heart and home to this little guy. A good diet is important, and you will hear many opinions about what is the best. We cook for our dogs and truly they eat a much more healthy diet than we do. We people tend to grab junk food. We feed our yorkies twice a day. I start each dog on a good dry kibble (depending on their size a 1/4 to 1/2 cup per serving) then add 1/8 cup lean cooked meat, 1/8 cup steamed veggies, a teaspoon of low fat cottage cheese, and I rotate raw fruits that are allowed like a fresh apple slice, peach, with brown rice, pumpkin, squash, carrots, cooked multi grain pasta. THis does not have to be complicated. I know you are a busy mom. You can buy a bag of frozen mixed vegs and unthaw a few days amount in the frige. Keep in covered container. Boil a chicken and when it s cool remove from the bone and cut into bite size cubes and freeze in zip lock bags. DO NOT feed dogs, grapes,candy, raisins, bones or rawhide, anything with sugarless sweeteners.

Last edited by Teresa Ford; 11-22-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Teresa Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!