View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLexi View Post
Yeah, she's on Lactulose and Flagyl, has been since she was diagnosed. She was checked for UTI's in the beginning and again last week.
Seems like she has more trouble in the bowel department than the bladder. Constipation has been a BIG ISSUE. I've found if she has 2-3 dried mangos a day, she goes a little easier. We've increased the Lactulose since she gain a pound, I'm hoping that makes a difference....
Green beans (4-5 per meal) and/or plain canned pumpkin (no pumpkin pie mix) help mine have good regular movements. Keeping her cleaned out will be best for the seizure management. The Lactulose should be doing that though, like 1/2 to 1mL 3X Daily. You can give it to her more frequently (like 6X a day for a day or two) till she's cleaned out. Are her stools soft(ish)? You can also give it in an enema during a seizure.

Do you give the mango dried or reconstituted? I think dried would be absorbing fluid from her gut and might be adding to the constipation? although the fiber is good... IDK!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!