View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 07:04 AM   #12
JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

I wouldn't use puppy find anymore because of all these scams. But preciously I did purchase a female chocolate lab for my mother-in-law from a breeder that I found on puppy find. What I did was have a friend who lived close to the breeder go to her home and check it out, check out the pups and the mom and dad dog. Everything worked out great in my case. I'm still friends with Margaret (the breeder). My mother-in-law is thinking of getting a second lab but a black female lab this time. If she wants another one, we are going to get it from Margaret -- she only breeds black and chocolate labs. She has 1 female and 1 male in each color. She isn't a high scale breeder. She only breeders 2 females once a year. I'm glad I found her and didn't get scammed.

But I would not use puppy find again because I wouldn't want to risk getting ripped off. There are just way too many scammers out there.

By the way, the only reason I used puppy find in the first place is because my in-laws live in Idaho and there are no breeders close to where they live. Also, the dog was a surprise gift because my mother-in-law had been wanting one for YEARS literally but never found one at the local animal shelter where she lives. So I bought her the lab as an anniversary present for her.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!