View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
tokipoki
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Toki has tried three different types of the grain-free varieties (Beef Frittata Veg, Game Bird, and Surf & Turf). She did really well on all of them and had nice, soft and shiny coats. Her favorite was definitely the Game Bird .

I have found that I have to feed a significantly smaller amount than what they recommend on the back of the bag (which may or not be something you have to do...Toki is losing weight and has restricted activity). For the Game Bird, they recommend a dog Toki's size get nearly 1 cup each day but she will gain weight if she gets more than 1/2 a cup a day of most formulas (so when I feed her GF Fromm, she gets maybe 3 tbsp per meal so I can still add a little canned or a teeny portion of a rehydrated S&C patty... although she will gladly eat this kibble plain and accept it as a treat!).

Canine Caviar sounds like a great food but it's frustrating having to deal with
not-so-hot customer service when you have concerns. Fromm is pretty good with those things and very honest...they have always gotten back to me...usually within 24 hours which is pretty good!

I actually have a $2 off coupon for Fromm and am going to go buy a bag of the Duck and Sweet Potato for my parents' beagle today And I have my Black Friday coupon ready so that I can stock up for Toki!
tokipoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!