View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorPeteZa View Post
HI There,
I just adopted a 5-6 yr old female yorkie. Shes about 3lbs. My yorkie who is about to turn 5 yrs old is quite jealous. She is about 14lbs. Shes not always jealous but she is in certain areas. She gets very barky and shows teeth. She even tried to nip her new sister. How can i stop this behavior. Previously, my yorkie, Bindi, was an only "child" so this situation is new to us all and am unsure how to fix this before it becomes a huge issue. Today is the second day with her new sister home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss.
THanks,
Vaishali
Rosie was my only one when I got Mikki. The first week was H E double hockey sticks! Rosie was terrible! Believe it or not, things calmed down. I guess the new wore off or something. It also got better because I got Mikki spayed. Are both yours spayed? Mine would "fight" and I would break it up. Eventually, after being told to allow it, they had to find out who was dominant. After Rosie pinned Mikki a few times the fighting slowed down a lot! We still have the occasional fight but I know they love each other!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!