View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
StellaWags
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Grooming suggestions?

When I got my Yorkie, I was a stupid, stupid idiot and decided to search for the tiniest one instead of the best bred one. I promise I've learned since then! But now I have this little girl with a less than stellar coat.
I have to admit I'm so jealous when I look at some of your Yorkie photos. I know she'll never have a gleaming, thick coat like that. But I'm hoping her coat will thicken up with age. Right now it's so thin and tangles so easily. Her head is soft and silky but her body is cottony and wavy. It grows impossibly slow and it seems like her leg hairs won't grow at all.

I want to get her groomed with a short cut for easy maintenance but I'm worried she'll look like a homeless Chihuahua!

Any suggestions for the best cut for her? I am dying for that beautiful topknot but her hair is so fine it would tangle within hours. Plus, she has that red eye gunk that stains around her eyes and to top it off she has a slight hunch back. Oh, the woes of a backyard bred puppy. But she's my angel! never chewed a single thing we own and snuggles as close as she can. My husband deployed a few days ago, so I need those snuggles now more than ever.

StellaWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!