View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnessStout View Post
The candy sounded neat until the wraped in chewy nutty crap, but at least it is corn free.. (yes I know that was rather sick but I could not help myself )
Ok I have to admit, I haven't had this candy in decades, but I always remembered how much I loved it as a child. I saved up my money to buy this candy that was hand made from this lady in the 99 Ranch Market in Rowland Hgts. It really is a dying art form. Supposedly there's like 3 people left in North America that still do it. Anyway, I looked it up to remind me, it's honey spun (that's where they get the cotton candy reference) and pulled just like chinese hand pulled noodles "la mien" that they pull one piece of honey covered in corn starch into over 16,000 hair thin strands in about 5 mins. The inside is filled with either coconut, peanut, sesame, a combo of those, or new school style Oreos It was originally made for chinese royalty, but it's been adapted into korean culture as well.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!