View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #15
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinnessStout View Post
I am reading everybody's advice and I know it is all great advice but almost sounds like we are trying to talk you out of getting one... I studied the breed for a year before I got mine and thought I knew it all... I was wrong lol in fact the Yorkie for Dummies book was proof I was going to be tested with this guy because that was the first thing he ate was that book lol

I promise we are not trying to be mean just helpful, you say you are saving money for a new place so we really want you to know what you are walking into I wanted a "tiny" yorkie... I ended up with a 12lb hyper ball of energy that is healthily except for he has tummy acid problems so just yesterday was a $400 vet bill for a healthy puppy, as far as food that is another cost because I know pretty much everybody on here will steer you towards special brands that are not your average grocery store or Walmart type brand to help insure your little one stays healthy... These little get cold so you might be thinking Oh I will never be the type that dresses my dog... Yea trust me that will change lol you realize they are cold go buy a hoodie or coat next thing you know they are taking over your closet haha

But yes I can promise you if you decide to get one they will end up being your entire world.. They are smart, loving, sneaky, headstrong little bundles of fur!!
Very well said! My average vet bill with the girls is about $300. I have had some less and I have had higher ones. You are right about the food. My Rosie has IBS and I home cook for her. Something I would have NEVER thought I would do. They have more clothes than I do! . I just had custom coats made for them! I buy hair bows by the dozens too! With that said, I totally agree with what you stated. My girls are my world! They are kids to me (empty nest fillers since my baby is 15). And I wouldn't trade them for a million dollars! My son asked me if someone offered me $2 million for Rosie would I take it. I didn't even have to thunk about it. I immediately said no! He said I was crazy!

Don't want to talk you out of a yorkie at all! Just want to be honest with you. I can tell you I have never spent so much money on a dog as I have my yorkies. After having a yorkie, I honestly don't think I will ever own another breed!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!