View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 AM   #12
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Welcome to YT!! I am thrilled you seem to be going about this entire thing, in the right way! Reasearch, read, and learn all you can about Yorkies, so you know what you are getting into! First thing I would suggest: Get good sources of information...."Yorkies For Dummies" is a super book and a must-have for your library! "Yorkshire Terriers: A Smart Owner's Guide" is the second book I recommend to all my new buyers. Read these two books cover to cover, and KNOW Yorkies! I personally think your living arrangement is not quite conducive to owning any dog.....if his mother decides the baby cries too much, or barks too much, or WHATEVER! she could come up with, it is going to cause added stress, to the stress of trying to integrate a new puppy into the situation. I would get completely knowledgable about all you nedd when you have one of these precious little puppies, and then when you can move into your own space, you and your BF can get a puppy. You need to find a responsible, ethical breeder that can guide you and be with you for the life of that baby....and you need at have a healthy baby, or this tiny bundle of joy will break your heart as well as your budget! Dont ever get a puppy from a breeder before that baby is 12-14 weeks old.....that is a very good indicator of what kind of breeder you are dealing with....an ethical breeder will not let her babies go before 12-14 weeks of age. You will get all kinds of things to look for in your breeder, from those books I listed above.....I think you will do fine with a Yorkie when you have your own place....I just would not recommend a new puppy in your current situation in the basement apartment, with a "mother in law" so to speak!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!