View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
newtoyorkiesguy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default new member and pup with many issues

I've browsed this site before and my cousin actually referred me to this site because he was in a very similar situation as well and ended up finding a better home for his yorkie because he was unable to provide the necessary care. I have my own rottweiller and and my fiance has a very small I guess teacup yorkie (3 lbs) which is 5 years old. I love the little guy to death and he pretty much runs the house (kind of funny, 170 pound rotty is afraid of a 3 pound yorkie). since we have lived together he for lack of better words has earned the nickname of "running vet bill". We both have very good jobs and pet insurance so its not like we cant afford it, but im just worried for his overall health.
Previously he had a UTI which lead us to put him on clavomox, which in turn upset his stomach and caused him to loose almost 30% of his body weight and according to the vet put him in a hypoglycemic seizure. once we fixed that issue i followed up by researching every single method to ever avoid this from happening again. I fed him baby food and several other items along with him special food luckily got him up to 3.2 lbs as of last week.
So now over this last weekend after i let him out of the shower for his bath I noticed when he had an accident and there was blood in his urine. Since this dog has almost died several times I took him to the vet and they said it was a bladder infection. He has been on a new antibiotic for a week now, but when i let him out last night and this morning i noticed that there was still a considerable amount of blood in his urine. I trust my vet, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had anything close to this kind of situation.
the only other thing we have changed recently is I have started using belly bands during the day, which have helped tremendously with his accidents. he cant stand the feeling of the wet pad against his belly, which has made him want to go outside.
newtoyorkiesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!