View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
Clyde_Dexter
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Thanks everybody! I am really happy that they both get along so well. Before Dexter came into my life (just about a week before)

I had attempted to adopt a Yorkshire terrier/Chihuahua mix puppy, but first I brought him home under a trial basis period with a rescue organization. Before the puppy even walked through the door he and Clyde would fight (we had them meet outside first). Clyde was really good about the whole situation and never fought back against the puppy, but would just run away and hide from him when the puppy would go into attack mode .... we hoped the situation would get better and that the puppy would accept Clyde, but as the week went on it didn't feel like it was going to happen no matter what we tried. It seemed like a lot of risk to just assume that with proper training we could make them get along. So when the six day trial period ended we made the decision that it wouldn't work out and the rescue took the puppy back (we kept checking in making sure that that he got adopted because we felt so guilty having to return him but he ended up with the PERFECT family).

The whole situation had made me very nervous that we wouldn't be able to bring another Yorkshire terrier into our home that would get along with everybody in the family .... but a couple days later we met Dexter and from the moment we have brought him home he and Clyde have been instant buddies!

I took Dexter on a trip with me recently, and Clyde stayed home with my parents. I always try and positively expose my puppies to as much as possible so they grow up more stable and less frightened and surprised by new things. I was gone with Dexter for three days and when I returned home the person in my family he was most happy to see was his brother Clyde!!

It is so adorable >.< I'm writing a lot not kind of just rambling on so I will end the post there!

(Clyde was partially groomed, Like I said ... He hates the groomers ... His haircut was postponed because he just had to much pent up energy and grooming him in a stressed out state of mind would have been disastrous! The first picture is before he got a bath and a partial haircut)

Attached Thumbnails
Dexter & Clyde ...-img_0134.jpg   Dexter & Clyde ...-img_0207.jpg   Dexter & Clyde ...-img_0210.jpg   Dexter & Clyde ...-img_0295.jpg  
Clyde_Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!