View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Okay my overall best of the best advice, is give your dog lots of love, tempered with consistent discipline, well structured and an interesting play and exercise life, add in some formal obedience training and you will have a perfect companion for life! Never SPOIL your dog. Feeding them so much they get fat, accepting bad behaviour (and this usually starts early and we call it "cute" puppy antics) then and bad behaviour later!

I tell my owners your dog is going to be a part of your life for 10/15 or more years. It is up to you to create a great relationship with them. It is so easy to take your dog everywhere if they are well behaved social creatures. I highly recommend crate training both cause it is safer to travel in the car with one, and for those times you might need to board or have your dog stay overnight at the vets. Xpens at home are fine, but they are not crates!

And I say from experience the more you put into to this relationship the more you will "get out of it".

Finally as a slogan....get Active with your dog... you and he will both be healthier for it :-)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!