View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
khloe0926
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy picky eater! help!

My wonderful yorkie Khloe is giving me some feeding issues lately. I should start by saying she has a liver disease so she has to eat a special diet...low protien. I feed her royal canin hepatic ls. She has been eating it for a year now. We started with Prescription Diet Hepatic, but she didn't really like it. Now all of a sudden she doesn't eat much. Sometimes she will go a whole day without eating. I have tried putting warm water on it and sometimes she will eat a few bites then. I'm worried that she isn't getting enough nutrition. I can't switch her food because there are no other options for her diet needs. I thought about making my own food or some healthy treats to supplement, but don't know if that's a good idea and I would have to make sure it's ok for her to eat with her liver disease. Any ideas?!? I will try anything at this point! I have another yorkie who is picky, but never goes a whole day like Khloe does. My first instinct was that she was sick or something was wrong, but she will eat treats and she will try to eat her brother's food as well and shes acting normal otherwise, so I'm assuming it's just her being picky. Any advice is welcome! Please help! lol I'm a worried mommy!!

Thanks!!
khloe0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!