View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #12
Clyde_Dexter
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde_Dexter View Post
I didn't take the pad out with me, but .... I did something pretty similar >.< ....
I took a recently used pee pad and rubbed it all over the spot in the yard that I wanted him to pee in. I don't know if it worked or if it was just coincidental but Clyde actually started peeing in that general area.

I wrote that message wrong. What I meant to say was that I didn't take the potty pad with me, but the VERY first time that I went outside with Clyde to teach him where to pee. I left the potty pod outside in the area I wanted Clyde to pee in and I took him out there all day long and praised him when he peed in that spot and said things like "go potty" (very similar to the advice other people had given).

But after the very first day I COMPLETELY removed the potty pad from the routine. Before I threw the potty pad away I had the crazy and random idea to rub the potty pad in the area that I wanted Clyde to go potty in. That way the next time I took Clyde out to go potty he could still smell everything and relate it to the bathroom but the physical potty pad was removed from the situation .... I don't know if the rubbing of the potty pad on the ground actually worked or not or if it was all just coincidental ... but Clyde started to understand where I wanted him to go potty at ... and that was all that I wanted!

So hopefully maybe something like that would work for you!
Good Luck!
Clyde_Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!