View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Scary, isn't it. I'd read all the downsides of what can go wrong and why chips aren't the end all and be all when Tibbe was chipped and still want the extra chance. Ellie81's situation with Bengi and some of the potential Bengi's has made me so aware of being able to I.D. the dog in the shelter as your dog so I've undertaken to do that by photo-inventorying his body parts up close and doing a physical description of Tibbe's body peculiarities, teeth as well as markings, tail set, his vestigial dew claw to match the pictures and his tricks that he knows to do to only my name for them. He'll do a "shy boy wave" and "Roll Back Stay" and "Get In the Pink Cadillac"(means crate up) so if I show up, describe what the tricks are and ask him and he does those things, that should help, too. If I have to get him an international chip and it is safe to do it, I'll do that too. He has his rabies tag, a regular ID tag and Home Again is sending him one of their yellow Home Again I.D. tags.
Yes, the whole thing is scary. When my vet first tried scanning Katie, nothing showed up. He ran the scanner all over her body. I showed him what I felt seemed to be a microchip, and he confirmed that it was. At that point I was going to have another one put in. A vet tech scanned Katie soon after that, and she got it to scan three different times. My vet told me that it was a good international chip and that it was better not to have two chips. Her breeder also told me that I did not need to have another microchip put in. I will definitely be having Katie scanned again. I know the vet tech was able to scan her because she gave me her number.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!